Friday, January 15, 2010

Wound Care Training Will I Need To Visit A Morgue When Studying To Be A Nurse?

Will I need to visit a morgue when studying to be a nurse? - wound care training

I want to start my nursing degree this year and I'm really excited abiout I know there will be some challenges, for example by suturing and wound care, etc., the thing is, my friend told me nurses, it to learn from visiting a morgue as part of their training, very dead and things will be closed when the time comes, do not panic, I can understand that this is an important thing for himself in writing, but I really must visit a morgue?

5 comments:

Hayley B said...

In fact, even a morgue until I will visit visit my "Welcome to the clinic. Used in several of my classes and practiced on cadavers. If you the chance to visit the property, you can not miss. It's a great learning experience and to see many interesting things.

tiny Valkyrie said...

Depending on the school. Death is something that my sister has used as much as life. If you need to visit a morgue, they see it for what it is, a part of their training. (I suggest Vapo-Rub and mask, helps the smell).

It is also the anatomy and physiology, and may need to work on a cadaver.
Fortunately, some schools have turned to pigs because of cost, lack of availability of organs and health reasons.

Tissue from the pig is not much different from human tissue, but also removes the creepy factor in a human body.

Lorenzo Steed said...

Dealing with the dead is an inevitable and necessary work, if you want not only to school nurse. But the hospital, no help.

Lorenzo Steed said...

Dealing with the dead is an inevitable and necessary work, if you want not only to school nurse. But the hospital, no help.

Robin said...

It is possible that at some point is the possibility of a mortuary and post mortem evidence of a visit is in progress. If you can not refuse. If I have the care and biology lessons of the best I've ever had, and left.
I must have a human heart, liver and brain, is fascinating.

Post a Comment